Monday, June 2, 2014

Greetings from the wonderful heartland of Kansas!

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Greetings from the wonderful heartland of Kansas! I was really smart and saved my group email until the end so now I am having a hard time deciding what I should write about since I feel like I've already talked about my week. Well it was a really hard week with a lot of people being dropped off of our teaching list due to lack of interest or being unable to contact them which is always hard. But there was one huge miracle this week.
We have been visiting a sweet less active in our ward named Billie. She has her granddaughter Kelly, who lives with her along with Kelly's husband two small children, and mother in law. When I first got here months ago Kelly wasn't all that interested but just in the last month or so she has had a HUGE change of heart especially in the last few weeks. She is taking the lessons and yesterday she came to church for the first time in years (basically since she was baptized when she was 8). Not only did she come like she promised us she would, but she brought along her grandmother Billie, her husband, brother, and toddler son! It was amazing to see them walk in the door of the chapel yesterday. The ward was so welcoming and a lot of the ward greeted them it was amazing to see them show so much love to this wonderful family. I have never had a fast and testimony meeting feel so powerful, maybe the reason it was so powerful is because I was listening to the words and pondering what they must be thinking and how if they would take these words to heart and strive to become a gospel centered family what it would do for their young family. Seeing a family who has a desire and potential to change their future around completely makes all the hard long days completely worth it. I LOVE being a missionary from moments like these when we really get to see what can happen when someone decided to let the truth of the Gospel into their life. It makes me want to sing!
On a not as cool note I finally finished passing off all the training material which means I can become eligible to drive and train! I am officially a "real" not in training missionary!
I love you all and hope you never forget the blessings you have with your families around you. Never ever let stupid arguments get in the way of being close because families really are the greatest gift you will ever have. If you don't believe me spend some time away from your family surrounded by dysfunctional families and children who don't have two parents, or their parents aren't married. Never let the world become more attractive and desirable then what you have. Remember in 1 Nephi 8 the people who set their eye on the great and spacious building (or the glamor and desire of the world) had to cross through the river to get there. And most of the people who tried to cross that river were lost and drowned in the river. We don't usually remember the river is in between the path and the building but that doesn't mean it isn't there, ready to pull you under and destroy you. So don't let the world get your attention. Constantly be refocusing on what really matters. The Gospel and your Family.
 
Love you all So much,
 
Sister Blood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment