Thursday, May 28, 2015

Car Accidents and ER's are so much fun...



Dear Family and Friends,                                                           5-26-15

Sorry this is going to be super short, for those of you who didn't hear we were in an accident on SaturdayWe had missed our turn off so we were waiting to turn left and got hit from behind by a lady on her phone going 40 miles an hour. I hit my head on the seat in front of me (I was in the back seat passenger side)  and then whip lashed my head back and smacked it on the top of my seat (it didn't have a head rest so the top of the seat is about shoulder level. So my right temple got a nice cut and the back of my head has a nice goose egg and a cut as well as a few other scratches on my face. I did get a concussion so I can't read or be out in the sun for the next few weeks without getting a headache. We were taken by ambulance to the hospital (where I had fortunately had x-rays of my back done a few weeks earlier so all my info was already in the system). I was stuck in a neck brace until they could do a Cat Scan of my neck. After four hours in the ER I was released to go home and sleep. I will send home a audio recording next week with more info about the day but for now this is all you get. 

Sister Williams is back to normal, and since I took the brunt of the impact, I still have a few more days before I will be back to normal, but overall I am doing pretty good with a lot less pain then I was expecting.  We were blessed and protected without a doubt! When we got into the car I told Sister Williams she could slid her seat back but she chose not too. If she had slid back I would have hit my nose instead of my forehead and it would have caused a lot more damage. Plus the way the back of the car crunched it I would have been pinned in the car between the two seats if she had moved her seat back, so that was a small miracle. 
Also a miracle is how sturdy old metal cars are, there was only about 8 inches between me and the back window, so the fact I didn't get more hurt is a miracle!  
My cat scan and the hospital showed no damage, so I was released and am now on the mend! Thanks for all the blessings in my behalf! 

On the fun side we did get to help with the 5K yesterday the local wards put on, and we got to tour the Hutchenson salt mines where road salt comes from, that was super cool! 

Sister Blood 

Cuts from impact on the front seat

Being taken care of in the ER
Sister Blood and Sister William, in the road salt mine

No comments:

Post a Comment