Monday, January 26, 2015

9' Python ... I Hate Snakes

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a week of miracles and really hard trials too. It was one of those weeks you feel like you are fighting Satan in hand to hand combat all by yourself; the result, you feel really drained and down. But thankfully we have been given the wonderful gift of Pray to be able to turn to our Father in Heaven and ask for help in getting over the trials and things Satan tries to tell you are true. I am also very grateful for music and Organs in the Chapel that I get to go play, to help me feel uplifted. 

I got asked to speak in Church which was really cool! Earlier in the week I was able to eat lunch with my cousins who live a town over and they asked me if I had to state the one best thing from my mission what would I say. I thought about it and ended coming up with, being asked to speak on Sunday and told I could pick my own topic. So I did the Roll of the Book of Mormon in conversion. I am grateful for how much easier it is for me to give talks after being out for a year. 

Related to the Book of Mormon talk we had a really cool experience with Ben this week. We ended up having a really inspired conversation with him on Wednesday about why he needed to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. He remembers things that he hears better then he reads, so he decided to listen to the Book while he was at work. He picked up where he was at in Alma 11 and listened to over 24 hours of the Book of Mormon audio finishing it Friday! It was crazy cool to see how finishing the Book of Mormon helped him grow and gain a new perspective. It was cool how much he retained too. He has been loving being able to cite stories from the Book of Mormon and have discussions with us. He decided he wanted to know the book even better so he started it over again today and will be done listening to it all by Sunday. The Book of Mormon is "So Sick"! ( I don't understand this slang term, from her Mom!) So get yours out and study it today, and everyday! Conversion doesn't happen in one moment, we all have to be converted little bit my little bit every day! 

Love Ya'll!
Sister Blood :)



Lunch with Maria, Blair Loving and Boys


 Me and Arterial, Sister Thompson's 9 ft Bemires Python


Sisters Blood and Deppe with Potato and Tomato
Ben's Bull Pythons
For those who don't know, I am terrified of snakes, the fact I was able to hold pythons is proof you can accomplish just about anything if you put your mind to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment