Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Helping Maria

First off, It's going to be really short today since I don't have a lot of time.
 
The Lord has a sense of humor, of that I am sure. He rebuked me for joking about gaining weight from all the wonderful meals ( we were fed 10 times this last week) and has given us the wonderful opportunity to bike every other week. That should prove interesting to say the least.
 
My Companions recent convert who was baptized at the end of December passed away unexpectedly this week. She had 11 of her 12 children survive her, 2 of which are minors. It's been really hard on Sister McDermott because of how close she was to Shawnda so please keep her, and Shawnda's family in your prayers.
 





 On the fun side of the week. We spent time on two different days helping Maria take off wallpaper in her home! It was great fun and so nice to be able to serve, and wear pants for a little bit!










 

















My favorite part of this week was having a transition lesson with the Spanish Branch Elders. They were taking over teaching a new investigator who only speaks moderate English. Wow the spirit was so strong and I had no idea what was even being said. The spirit really is an amazing thing!
 
I love you all so much!
 
Love
Sister Blood
 
PS. The sunset the other day looked like the sun was going down behind mountains. It was a sweet gift from God. I love Kansas but I do miss the mountains from time to time!


No comments:

Post a Comment