Monday, May 12, 2014

Lost Dog

Dear Family and Friends,

It has finally been raining the last couple of days here in Wichita! It's wonderful to have the temperature cool down a bit from the 90's to 100's that we have had all this week. It really has been quite tolerable but everyone keeps telling us that since it is so hot so unusually early in the year this summer is going to be brutal. Which translates to three week/ most of the summer being over 110. This is going to be exciting I am sure.

Sister Murphy and I are starting to get pretty good at giving away Book of Mormons on the door step which is a lot of fun. These books really are so much better than gold! So if you aren't treasuring up the word of God EVERY single day, I suggest you repent and start doing so because until you do you have no idea what you are missing out on. I really have grown to love The Book Of Mormon so much over the past few months and I can't believe how much of it parallels our world today. I have hear people say things that are almost spot on to things people say in the BoM when asked to listen to the Word of God and repent! It's crazy, and completely mind blowing!

Well I'll get off my missionary soap box now and tell you all I love you so much and am so grateful for the example you are to me and for all the love and support you give me. I couldn't do this missionary journey alone so thank you for everything you do!

Funny story of the week, we found a lost dog and lassoed her with our bike lock. Then we knocked on the doors of the people in that area trying to find the owner. After not to long he drove up and was super happy to have found his dog and was grateful to us for keeping an eye on her.

Miracle of the week, we finally put Laura on date to be baptized on may 31. Now the really hard part comes of helping her get over Word of Wisdom issues and to come to Church. She is amazing but has quite her share of challenges, I really hope she realizes how much this Gospel can help her in all aspects of her life!

Love ya all,
Sister Blood

Where did the dog come from...we totally had a random super nice dog follow us to about 5 houses out in Walker, and just sit between us when we knocked on the doors, we named it Brutus 


Sister Murphy my new companion, with Brutus

Sisters having a bit of fun decorating the Elder's doors




No comments:

Post a Comment