Monday, March 27, 2017

Pray Always!

Dear Family and Friends, 
This week included a huge reminder for me about the power of prayer. In 2 Nephi 32: 8-9 it reads: "8...For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray. " "9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.
Friday morning for some reason I really just needed to connect with Heaven, I work up at 6 promptly got out of bed and started praying. The prayer I had was one of the best I have ever experienced, I can't really explain exactly how it felt different, in part because it was to personal of an experience to share. The thing I want to share though was the difference I saw in the rest of my day. I was calmer and more at peace with life than I have felt in months. Something very noticeable when I got a lower score than normal on a test and felt totally happy that it was okay and that everything would work out just right for my good. 
What I wish for all of you is to really take the time to connect with Heaven in prayer, seek to find peace and carry it with you. Say a prayer and keep it in your heart all day. I promise if you do it will make a huge impact on your day and week! as Nephi said, pray unto the Father... that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul! I know these words to be true with all my heart! 
I love you all,
Katelyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment