Monday, January 23, 2017

Power unto Deliverance

Dear Family and Friends,


Tender Mercies have become really important to me as of late, and maybe it's in part because of a new connection I found in the scripture related to them. In 1 Nephi 1:20 Nephi states, "but behold, I Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." At this moment in my life what I learned that Tender Mercies are a manifestation of the Love of God in our life. A bit of an additional witness of the grace and atonement that is at work in our lives. Tender Mercies are over us and they will make us mighty even unto deliverance. Some days are so difficult that I want to hid away from the world and my responsibilities, but it's those Tender Mercies that give me enough strength to get up and go out the door. They carry me for just long enough to see another Tender Mercy and take another step forward. One step, one tender mercy, one day, one life, and one Savior to make everything possible. Life can be incredibly difficult, particularly when you get hit by multiple overwhelming things at once. But I am really coming to believe the words of Nephi, that Tender Mercies make us mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

This week has had a lot of up and downs, more than most weeks usually do. There have been times where I'll I've wanted to do was cry, and moments of amazement at the Tender Mercies of God. One really special Mercy came at the end of probably my hardest day. I was talking to my mom about how I really wanted orange juice, but I didn't want to go out in the snow to get some. I heard my roommate and her boyfriend come in so I went out to talk to them and ask if I could practice taking their vial signs for my nursing homework. They agreed to be "victims", so when I came back with my blood pressure cuff my roommate was getting orange juice from the fridge and asked if I wanted any. It was such a small thing but it felt so big to me that she would offer me the very thing not 10 minutes before I had been wishing for. God really does know and love us. He is aware of me individually, and every person individually. He is helping us, just look around and see the tender mercies in your life!

Love,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. I love this! We just had Elder J Devn Cornish speak at our Stake Conference; you'd like his General Conference talk about the piece of chicken.... a similar story (from 2001 maybe?)

    ReplyDelete